Taste the Best of Mali Ston Bay
Taste the best of Mali Ston Bay, learn all about oyster farming, get a glimpse of their heritage, soak up all the beauties of this unique landscape while cruising the bay.
Let us take you to the very heart of Mali Ston Bay where you will have a true, local experience.
Did you know that oyster farming in Mali Ston Bay, near Dubrovnik, is a centuries-old tradition, dating back to Roman times?
Due to its specific location where the freshwater of the Neretva river flows into the sea and special love and care of oyster farmers, Mali Ston oysters are of superior quality. A true local delicacy.BOOK NOW
The tour includes:
- A ride in the hotel limousine or minivan
- Boarding a boat in the main port of Mali Ston
- English speaking guide
- Welcome aperitifs and sweets – traditional homemade brandy and traditional homemade sweets, candied orange peel and candied almonds,
- Sailing across Mali Ston Bay to oyster farm and boarding on the floating wooden dock
- Story and presentation of cultivating oysters and its history
- Oyster tasting
- After oyster tasting, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a traditional stew, buzara, made of fresh mussels just taken out from the sea. The whole preparation is made on the floating dock in front of the guests.
- Oyster tour duration: 80 minutes
- Some free time in Ston, a beautiful medieval town
- A visit to the salt factory
- Excursion duration: 6 hours
- Minimum number of persons is two, maximum number is seven.
- Total price for 2 people: 460,00 EUR (3.465,87 HRK)*
Supplement for each additional person: 110,00 EUR (828,80 HRK)*
*Prices expressed in HRK are of an informative nature and subject to exchange rate changes. Fixed conversion rate 1 EUR = 7,53450 HRK
In addition to being the guardian of their long tradition of shellfish farming, Mali Ston Bay is also a special nature reserve.
Furthermore, Mali Ston oysters received European Union’s protected designation of origin and protected geographical indication, and are protected throughout the European Union, which guarantees that it is an authentic product.
For detailed information on excursions feel free to ask your host at the Palace Natali, or simply send an inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will organize it all for you and help you create unforgettable memories.